Scriptures I have been in the last few days: Today’s message at my church confirmed their importance in my life.
Religion is not pure if it is soiled with ‘self’
Self centeredness keeps us from noticing other’s needs.
Psalm 37: 4
When we delight in the Lord, He gives us the desire and secret petitions of our hearts.
My Pastor taught a wonderful message this morning. These were the points:
We have an unchanging God with an unchanging Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not limited to the first century, to a dispensation or a time frame. The Holy Spirit is limited by man.
He was clear that denominations or titles are not the important thing. There is nothing wrong with these things…yet he would be better described, with the congregation, as a New Testament Believer. The world would describe us as Charasmatic Pentacostal. Broken down this means:
Charasmatic: how we display our faith, with zeal and passion.
Pentacostal: what we believe. Speaking in tongues and all of the gifts of the Spirit in action today, in our world.
Essentially we believe what the followers of the first Christian church believed. New Testament believers.
If this is true of us then where is the proof. The stuff of God, the healings and deliverences?
(Pastor was preaching from Acts 2:1-42)
The Fine Points:
1. We must have a mindset to worship God. Allowing the Holy Spirit to work in us, we must allow Him to have His way within us. Simply focus on God.
2. When we realize it is not about us, rather about knowing Christ the Holy Spirit will come. It is about a relationship, a reverence for Him. We please Him simply by loving Him.
3. Christianity is something we live, it is not something we do. It is who we know, not what we know.
4. Christian Life is not only about being saved. It is about transforming our lives because of our salvation. It is about letting God clean us up, we must allow Him to clean us up.
5. The Holy Spirit comes when we replace apathy and complacency with a zeal for Him. We need to get our passion for God. We need to have a passion for what He wants for humanity.
New Birth without nourishment causes physical disabilities.
New Birth without discipline causes mental disabilities.
We have accepted the New Birth…are we feeding ourself with the things of God or the things/ways of the world?
Are we disciplined enough in our lives to remain in the things and teachings of God. Are we disciplined enough to apply the things and teachings to our lives.
I believe I stated in one of my blogs here at WordPress that I have purposed to live the life God has planned for me. When I do not stay in His will it causes, I cause, me to be confused and muddled! If I do not stay in relationship with God in my life, I cause me to be in a state of starvation. Not the enemy, ME.
I’m gonna get out of me, and into Christ…I want revival and it is in me.
“Revelation is Progressive” Pastor Al
So I will look up…that is where my help is.