Happy New Year Loves ♥
Here we are at the beginning of a New Year, a New Beginning.
Here at HOPEannFAITH we are working on Intentional Positive Thinking and Living.
One of the things I have participated in here at WordPress.com are some of the Carnivals that my BlogFriends hold. These are positive and productive activities that build, encourage and strengthen a person, a writer and the blogging community.
And…they are fun for all!
My favorite Carnival is actually a challenge of sorts. Ann @AnnKroeker.com holds Mega Memory Month. This will be my third challenge and I did better the second time than the first, so I anticipate further improvement this time.
Last year God provided revelation and understanding of Psalm 91 during some very, very difficult times this year. Therefore I plan to not only memorize this Psalm, but delve deeper into it’s meaning and strength.
1. Whoever lives under the shelter of the Most High
will remain in the shadow of the Almighty.
2. I will say to the Lord,
“You are my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.”
3. He is the one who will rescue you from hunters’ traps
and from deadly plagues.
4. He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge.
His truth is your shield and armor.
5. You do not need to fear
terrors of the night,
arrows that fly during the day,
6. plagues that roam the dark,
epidemics that strike at noon.
7. They will not come near you,
even though a thousand may fall dead beside you
or ten thousand at your right side.
8. You only have to look with your eyes
to see the punishment of wicked people.
9. You, O Lord, are my refuge! You have made the Most High your home.
10. No harm will come to you.
No sickness will come near your house.
11. He will put his angels in charge of you
to protect you in all your ways.
12. They will carry you in their hands
so that you never hit your foot against a rock.
13. You will step on lions and cobras.
You will trample young lions and snakes.
14. Because you love me, I will rescue you.
I will protect you because you know my name.
15. When you call to me, I will answer you.
I will be with you when you are in trouble.
I will save you and honor you.
16. I will satisfy you with a long life.
I will show you how I will save you.
While doing this I hope to hone my memory while assisting others in understanding the incredible depth of love and protection that this very important Psalm holds for the children of God!
I am going to do my level best to share my results and the tool, that I found last year, through Ann’s postings, for memorization and maybe…just maybe try a new tool this year!
I’m excited for this challenge for it’s proven effect of deepening my understanding of God’s Word, it’s affect when applied to my life and deepening my relationship with God. Very Excited! 🙂
I’d like to thank Ann for holding this Challenge for all of us, as well as the opportunity to use it to improve our minds, memories and spirits with it.
Join us, won’t you!
Just use Ann’s Coral Brain button above to pop over to Mega Memory Month Headquarters to check the How to Participate guidelines and join in the fun!
- God Is My Refuge (markbyrd.wordpress.com)
- Teaching Bible Memory Verses Using Piggyback Songs (brighthub.com)
- -Read the Bible: An Excellent New Year’s Resolution (answersforthefaith.com)