Good Morning … It’s been a very long while … been working on the life here in Hutchland and writing seemed as if it had disappeared. Well, as any writer knows forever is an adjective that is often exaggerated … like the empty feeling of writer’s block can be.
But, alas … I have a little something to share that I wrote earlier this week; and with it is an awesome list for referencing your memory of Who You Are.
In this world and life we often get caught up in who other’s are and who we “think” we should be. We fall into the world’s system of comparing ourselves to those around us, or what the magazine pages and tv advertisements say we should be. This is so detrimental to a spirit; so when God begins to make in us the changes He wants made, we tend to mistake it as being in the same vein as the world view … it is not.
Remembering Who I Am …
I’ve been struggling lately. Much is going on in my life and my plate is overfull. Not unlike many of you, I know. Life just seems to be a day to day battle for me, and I was wondering why?
I know that Jesus/God didn’t mean “take this easy journey with me” when he said “Pick up your cross and follow me.”. However, I know in my spirit, that much of what I am going through at this stage of my walk with Him is much harder than it should be.
I find I allow situations and family – people to have too much control over what I think about certain areas of my life; about myself. This, of course would make much of this journey rockier than it needs to be.
I find I allow situations and people to make me feel less than or worthless, or I allow them to cause me to second guess myself; and then … I get angry.
When I get ahold of my emotions and my thoughts I realize I am exactly who God made me to be. In fact, if I was not Who God made ME then I would not be capable of withstanding the circumstances in my particular life. God didn’t make anyone else to endure my life, He create ME for it.
I find that I FORGET about WHO I AM when these circumstances arise, but, as I said earlier, “at this stage of my walk” I immediately turn to God … sometimes in pain, sometimes in anger and other times just asking … and it definitely depends on which of these attitudes I take how quickly I allow the Holy Spirit to bring to my memory WHO …
· complete in him – Colossians 2:10
· free forever from sin’s power – Romans 6:14
· sanctified – 1 Cor 6:11
· meet for the Master’s use – 2 Timothy 2:21
· loved eternally – 1 Peter 1:5
· eternally kept in the palm of his hand – Jn 10:29
· kept from falling – Jude 1:24
· kept by the power of God – 1 Peter 1:5
· not condemned Romans – 8:1-2
· one with the Lord – 1 Cor 6:17
· on my way to heaven – John 14:6
· quickened by his mighty power – Eph 2:1
· seated in heavenly places – Eph 1:3
· the head and not the tail – Deut 28:13
· light in the darkness Matthew – 5:14
· candle in a dark place – Matthew 5:15
· city set on a hill – Matthew 5:14
· salt of the earth – Matthew 5:13
· his sheep – Ps 23, Ps 100:3,John 10:14
· a citizen of heaven- 1 Peter 2:11
· hidden with Christ in God – Psalms 32:7
· protected from the evil one – 1 John 5:18
· kept by the power of God – 1 Peter 1:5
· secure in Christ – Jn 10:28-29
· set on a Rock – Psalms 40:2
· more-than-a-conqueror – Romans 8:37
· born again – 1 Peter 1:23
· a victor – 1 John 5:4
· healed by his strips – Is 53:6
· covered by blood of Jesus – Rev 12:11, 1 Pet 1:19
· sheltered under his wing – Psalms 91:4
· hidden in secret place of the Almighty – Ps 91:1
If you find yourself where I’ve been, I enourage you to read these scriptures, in their entirety. And KEEP reading them until you fully understand that situations and other people are INCAPABLE of breaking WHO God made you. Right here, right now YOU are exactly the WHO God made you to be for this moment. Cherish it, live it and let life’s hits come as they may … because when you remember who you are in Christ, no weapon forged against you, whether it be words, steel or flesh, can prosper … the Word says so.
I also saw this, and was, frankly, enlightened.: God’s Word = God’ Sword = The Sword of the Spirit … maybe you’ve noticed it before and find me silly, but I think God was reinforcing, for me, the precision of how powerful a weapon His Word is.
“We need to learn who we are in Christ and confess the same out loud. I am what God says I am regardless of how I feel about myself. My feelings cannot change the absolute truth of God’s word. We need to see ourselves in the light of God’s word. Once we have heard and seen God’s truth we are to RECKON it to be so. “Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” – Romans 6:11 The word reckon is“logizomai” in Greek, which means to calculate, count it up, logically sum it up as so. Sum upwhat God says as true and leave the rest.”
This has been a…
* Everything in bold was taken from a wonderful PDF that I found while seeking God for my current situations, which can be found at: http://www.prayertoday.org/2004/PDF/Guides/Who-I-Am.PDF